Generators can kill: Port Arthur family devastated by generator fumes

An absolutely horrible report out of nearby Port Arthur during hurricane Laura.  Despite media reminders, despite common sense, and despite other efforts to spread the word including those here on KSHN. One family decided that during the driving rain of Laura in Port Arthur the best place for their family generator was in their house. As most experts well tell you there is no odor from generator fumes and the end result in Port Arthur?  One dead, 4 removed in critical condition. In the excitement of events surrounding a hurricane, or even a smaller storm, common sense gets left on the porch while the generator comes inside. One EMT told us to tape a big sign on the generator when you store it away reminding anyone, not experienced, NEVER TAKE IT INSIDE. There’s proof those odorless fumes kill fast.  


101 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

© 2023 KSHN.COM